The New Mexico Foundation for Open Government (NMFOG) has extended the deadline for submission of proposals for lobbying and legislative advocacy services.
All proposals must be in writing and delivered by mail to NMFOG’s Executive Director, Melanie J. Majors, at 2333 Wisconsin St. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 or by email to [email protected]. All proposals must be received by 5 p.m. Jan. 4, 2018. All proposals shall be sealed and clearly labeled, “Lobbying Services.”
Questions concerning this request should be directed to Melanie at 505-764-3750.I
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION
The New Mexico Foundation for Open Government (NMFOG) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization, which was founded in 1989. Our mission is to advocate for the public’s right to know and for open government generally at the local and state level.
NMFOG works to educate the legislature and executive branch about open government issues. NMFOG successfully championed the passage of the New Mexico’s Open Meetings Act and New Mexico’s Inspection of Public Records Act and we fight attempts to limit these two statutes.
Our membership includes a broad network of engaged citizens from across New Mexico.
- SCOPE OF WORK
NMFOG is seeking to contract with a lobbyist/lobbying firm to support the public policy goals of NMFOG at both the executive and legislative level for the 2019 session. The winning bidder will work closely with the Executive Director and members of the board of NMFOG to carry out the FOG agenda. Both the Executive Director and Board will be involved with lobbying during the session.
- BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
In order to qualify for award of the Contract, the lobbying firm and/or the person(s) assigned to provide services to NMFOG must be registered as a lobbyist with the Secretary of State and have a minimum of three years of qualifying, direct experience in legislative advocacy/lobbying at the state level in the legislative and executive branches of government.
- REQUIRED INFORMATION
Please provide the following information for your response:
- The name and full contact information for you and/or your company.
- Please attach resumes of all of the individuals who would work on this contract.
- Highlight additional information, such as you/your team’s particular experiences, training, and/or academic background(s) that may make you uniquely qualified for this position.
- Describe your background/experience with policy development and lobbying.
- List three client references and their contact information for which you or your team members have provided work similar to that described in this request for proposal.
- Provide a list of all current clients including those you intend to represent in the 2019 state legislative session. Please highlight any that might pose a conflict of interest.
The fee for this work shall be $5,000.